So we had as many of the kids as could be here over on Sunday for my belated birthday family dinner. Husband made this wild wonderful pomegranate barbeque brisket and I made the cupcakes and burger buns. I will get the recipe from him. And I have not forgotten the Smore cupcake recipe…just havent had time to get it posted. At the bottom of the post is the bun recipe…ENJOY!
The cupcakes were lemon with lemon buttercream (with lemoncello – OMG – yummy) – recipe soon!
AND bestest of all Jessica brought me my birthday present! Arent they beautiful!!!!????
New handknitted socks…oh and the pictures are all Jessica’s handiwork as well. Thanks again Jess…seriously, the socks are so beautiful!
Now here is the bun recipe:
BIG BEAUTIFUL BUNS
- 3/4 to 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
1) Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients—by hand, mixer, or bread machine—to make a soft, smooth dough.
2) Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 hour, or until it’s doubled in bulk.
3) Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round 1″ thick (more or less); flatten to about 3″ across. Place the buns on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until very puffy.
4) If desired, brush buns with melted butter. Or brush lightly with egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water), and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5) Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, till golden. Cool on a rack.
NOTE: I made three batches and one batch I substituted 1/2 all purpose for 1/2 cup whole wheat.